Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wooden Pencil Holder

The stylish, easy-to-make desk accessory formerly known as "piece a junk".BY INA AMOR MEJIA

SORRY MARIE KONDO you're magical. But there are times my inability to declutter has served me well. Take for instance, this semi-large piece of thin wood that I just could not throw away. A piece of garbage really, except for its natural, smooth grain that worked well with paint or on its own. I made a clock with it, a little shelf for Caroline's toys, and the pencil holder you see above.

For the pencil holder, I simply had my carpenter friend cut three equal pieces to make all the sides, I glued them together using wood glue. Finally I filled in the corner gaps with wood filler, and then sanded the living daylights out of them. This pencil holder is a totally hard-working member of my desk right now and will remain so in the future. 

Get the step-by-step in the downloadable September issue of Hopefull Magazine, where this DIY appeared first. And here's the little shelf I made for Linny. 

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments.

TALES FROM THE CUSP

The Weekly Note